Sunday, July 27, 2008

September 2006 Idaho Deer Hunting Trip



This is a buck I was able to take on a hunt that my brother Matt and I were able to do just after I was married. This deer came off an island and was walking through a sand bar on its way to an alfalfa field. We had scouted earlier that day and had decided this funnel was the perfect spot to harvest a deer. Fortunately the plan worked out perfect. This was my first deer in velvet. I sure hope that I can go back another day. Also, you can see Matt and I standing together on an old bridge over the Snake River. Hunting in SouthEastern Idaho along the Snake is some of the funnest deer-hunting I've ever experienced.

1 comment:

Deerslayer said...

This was a great trip. Probably the best hunting trip I've had with you. We just seemed to really have the same agenda and great synergy. I think I hung 26 stands on this trip for us. In addition to your nice buck, we saw shooter bucks every day. I shot a nice 9 pt. that was lost and we both missed big 8 points. I hope we can plan a similar hunt real soon. Perhaps we can put the smack down on some of these Nebraska/ Iowa giants! Let's make it happen.