Monday, July 7, 2008

The 2nd Most Nervous Day of My Life


This was obviously the day Hunter was born. I had always dreamed of being a father and holding my children but when the time came to really have one of my own I was very nervous. The day started with me in the middle of a press conference between USM and Forrest General Hospital. I got a call from Misty that her blood pressure was high and she was dialated enough to induce labor. I rushed to the hospital to see Misty in a gown with drips in her arms. It was a pretty relaxed event for Misty. She handled it very well and didn't seem to complain about anything. I was pretty calm but inside the anxiety was eating me alive. I couldn't believe I was about to hold my son for the first time. The labor lasted about 14 hours. When he was born, I checked for 10 fingers and 10 toes. After everything looked normal, the doctor asked me to cut the umbilical cord. With that knocked out of the way they put Hunter on a scale, 7 lbs. and 2 oz. and measuring 20 1/4 inches long. He was perfect.

No comments: