Monday, July 7, 2008

The 3rd Most Nervous Day Of My Life

May 15, 2006 was without a doubt a long day for me. You see, this was the day that I was going to propose to my beautiful girlfriend Misty Miles. I purchased the ring on May 12 and had in my posession for two days with Misty with me in Brookhaven, Ms! She never knew. In fact, it was in my pocket and she was sitting right next to me on the drive there and back. Anyways, we went to our favorite place, Lake Perry in Mississippi. I told her I had a gift I wanted to give her. I think she thought it was a ring but when she saw the wrapped present in the shape of a framed picture she was confused. Well, we walked to a private pier in the woods and I gave her the present. When she unwrapped it she read a quote from President David O. McKay: "A Beautiful, Modest, Gracious Woman is Creations Masterpiece". Of course she loved it and thought I was the greatest man on the planet. I then told her I wanted to take a picture of her and me together to remember the moment. This is when I put the camera on video instead of the timer. She was caught of guard when I turned and dropped to one knee. Of course she said yes and like most girls, she stared gleefully at the ring. I posted a video for anyone to see how happy and greatful my wife makes me. Don't laugh too hard at her when she just stares over and over at the ring.

1 comment:

Stacy and Justin said...

Watching that makes us so happy for you guys. You really are happy and in love. We can't wait until we get to hang out with you guys.